2020 STEMi Kuongoza Mentorship Program for Women and Girls Across Middle East, South Asia and Africa
Deadline: July 20, 2020..
The Project Kuongoza is a Mentorship and Fellowship program that empowers women and girls across Middle East, South Asia and Africa to lead andbecome more experienced for Africa’s workforce in STEM. This solution is a first-to-market initiative that pairs young girls aged 15 – 25 to Professional women Mentors in STEM where we build a society that guarantees equal access to socio-economic, equitable opportunities, help young girls access new markets, work flexibly and integrate these learned skills – after they are virtually mentored.
- Between the age of 15 -25 years old
- Young people rom Africa, Middle East and Asia
- have a background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics? Or are you looking at transitioning into Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Able to commit for one year
- Proficient in English (at an intermediate level or above)
- Able to meet with your Mentor online at least two hours a month (using video calling platforms)
- Willing to complete feedback questionnaires an surveys during the programme
- Able to access the internet and send emails to your Mentor every week
- Passionate about working with a Mentor to build your skills and confidence, and achieve key learning objectives
- Keen to contribute to an international community of Women in STEM?
- Open to intercultural exchange and learning
- Keen to participate in our online community, forums and events
- Ready to embark on a life-changing relationship and join a vibrant mentoring community
1. To be paired with Professional Women in STEM.
2. Free membership to the STEMi Women Network.
3. Access to scholarship funding and research programs.
4. Certificate.- Professional Support and increase in self confidence, effective communication skills, access to global job markets and enhanced leadership qualities that’ll be most beneficial throughout your careers