2020 Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Msc Scholarship Programs
Deadline: July 16, 2020.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private graduate research institute in Moscow, Russia. Established in 2011 in collaboration with MIT, Skoltech cultivates a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, promotes advanced scientific knowledge and fosters innovative technology to address critical issues facing Russia and the world. Skoltech applies the best Russian and international research and educational practices, with particular emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation.
1. For Master’s programs: An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
2. For Doctoral programs: An appropriate master’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
3. Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
4. Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
5. English language: All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. The language certificate should be valid for 2 years after the test date. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree at a university where the medium of instruction is English. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted. Skoltech’s institutional code for the TOEFL iBT is 2909.
6. Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application. For further information on the GRE, please visit the ETS website for test locations, dates, and times. Skoltech’s institutional code for the GRE is 1294.
Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to its students. All admitted master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition and medical insurance. The standard stipend is 40,000 rubles for master’s students. For graduate students, this can be upwards of 75,000 rubles.
To apply, you must complete an online admissions application available on Skoltech’s webpage. Please carefully read the instructions, requirements and deadlines before submitting an application.