2020 Shell LiveWIRE Top Ten Innovators competition for Entrepreneurs
Deadline: June 10, 2020.
By competing in the Top Ten Innovators competition, entrepreneurs have the chance to receive prize funding, direct mentoring support from Shell staff, and the opportunity to integrate within and benefit from vast market linkages within Shell’s global network.
As part of Shell’s commitment to respond to changing global needs, this year Shell LiveWIRE will focus on supporting entrepreneurs throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. The theme of this year’s awards is “Creating a More Liveable World,” and three separate award categories within this theme have been identified:
- Energy Transition
- Environment & Circular Economy
- Local Prosperity
To apply for a Top Ten Innovators Award, you must agree to the following:
- You have been nominated by your country Shell LiveWIRE programme manager
- You are a past participant in your local country Shell LiveWIRE programme or affiliated programme such as New Energy Challenge and Shell #IdeaRefinery
- Your business has been registered between 12 and 60 months at time of entry
- Your application is made in English via the dedicated web portal
- Your application explains how your business has used innovation to develop advantage, and outlines how you would use the award funding to further develop innovation in your business
- You will be required to submit financial statements (business accounts) as part of your application, these are for Due Diligence purposes only and form no part of the application process
- If you are one of the Top Ten Innovators, you will need to provide your business bank account details, plus a recent statement for the account
- Your business fits into one of the three categories (Energy Solutions, Retail Supply Chain and Social Enterprises)
- You declare that all information you provide is accurate and true
- You complete an application form, provide all information as requested and upload a short video pitch (no longer than 90 seconds) to the Top Ten Innovators showcase web portal
- You provide a short summary statement, that you are happy for us to use alongside your video during the online public vote
- You agree to and accept all monitoring requirements (up to 12 months)
- You agree to participate in both the online public vote, and all programme publicity
- You agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Top Ten Innovators Awards
A. Top Ten Innovators awards prizes across three categories. Each category will have one winner and two runners up.
B. The winners will receive US $20,000 and runners-up will receive US $10,000.
C. In light of the Covid-19 crisis, transformational solutions that address the direct and indirect impacts of the pandemic will be highly valued: one Outstanding Achievement Award will be given to an enterprise that has significantly contributed to combatting these socio-economic impacts, within any of the above themes.