2020 RSTMH Small Grants for Early Career Researchers and Global Health Professionals
Deadline: April 27, 2020.
The aim of the small grants is to enable early career researchers and global health professionals in the field of tropical medicine or global health to undertake clinical or scientific research and/or fieldwork.
Applications focused on the thematic areas listed in RSTMH’s five-year strategy are encouraged. These are listed below:
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a particular focus on drug resistance
- One Health and wider planetary health. The consideration of human health alongside animal health and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections
are also interested to see applications related to snakebite, mycetoma and other skin NTDs and other deep mycoses, co-morbidity and NCDs, coronavirus and emerging diseases. Email [email protected] for further areas of interest.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be early in their career. Guidance for this is below, we do not define this in terms of years of work or study
2. Have a clear research plan for which they are seeking support o Ideally be employed by, or affiliated to an organisation, though we will consider applications from those not affiliated or employed
3. Demonstrate limited alternative sources of funding o Have access to adequate supervision
4. Have the appropriate insurance to carry out the research o Hold a registered bank account, ideally not using a third party
5. Be a RSTMH member. Applications can be submitted from non-members but, if successful, winners must join RSTMH before funding will be supplied.
6. Have not received a RSTMH small grant in the last two years o Submit only one application for a small grant per year
7. Grants awarded cannot be transferred to other individuals or institutions o Be able to start the project within 4 months of receiving the award
8. Agree to non-personal information about their application being used for marketing and analysis by RSTMH, our volunteers and relevant partners
ITI are funding four selected small grants of up to £5,000.
To apply, please click here.