2020 RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards
Deadline: February 21, 2020.
Nominations are open for the 2020 RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards. This coveted national award recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of Canadian Immigrants from all walks of life. It seeks to uncover and celebrate their stories and success. If you know of an immigrant who has made a positive impact or is an inspiration to others
The RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards is a people’s choice awards program that recognizes inspirational immigrants who have made a positive impact on their communities since arriving in Canada. As the first Canadian national award program, the RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards recognize the achievements of all immigrants including community advocates, volunteers, successful entrepreneurs, cultural icons.
1. You can nominate any immigrant who is 15 or older, and who has contributed to Canada by making a positive difference to the country.
2. The nominee must be either a landed immigrant or a citizen of Canada (as defined by Canadian law).
3. The nominee must also be living in Canada for majority of the time within the past three (3) years.
4. The nominee’s contributions to Canada should have made a particular or significant impact in the past year in particular, as related to their achievements highlighted in their nomination.
5. you can nominate yourself, but please have someone else contribute to the nomination with their own statements/comments about why you deserve to be nominated. Please include their contact information as well.
When describing your nominee, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind:
- Describe the nominee’s positive actions, success and achievements in their field or personal life
- Mention any personal or professional award recognition that your nominee has received
- Include any groups or organizations your nominee is affiliated with
- Provide any extraordinary obstacles or challenges he or she has overcome other than the typical challenges most newcomers are faced with
- Include your nominee’s key strengths and positive characteristics
- Mention why you believe your nominee is inspirational and why they deserve to be chosen for the RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Award
1. There is no monetary award provided.
2. The winners will be recognized with a commemorative certificate at the RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrants ceremony, and RBC will donate $500 to a charity on behalf of each winner.
3. Winners will be featured on canadianimmigrant.ca and in an upcoming issue of Canadian Immigrant magazine.
4. Winners may also be interviewed by other media outlets.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://canadianimmigrant.ca/canadas-top-25-immigrants