2020 Political Theology Network Emerging Scholars in Political Theology Program
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
The Political Theology Network invites applications from early-career scholars for its 2020-2021 Emerging Scholars in Political Theology program. Vincent Lloyd and Winnifred Sullivan will serve as mentors for the 2020-2021 cohort. Participants will meet in person three times: at Villanova University July 19-24, 2020, in Chicago in January of 2021, and again at Villanova in the Summer of 2021—in addition to online video conference meetings.
1. Applicants should have the PhD in hand, but must have received their PhD after December 31, 2015.
2. Scholars of traditions other than Christianity and of geographic areas outside of the United States are particularly encouraged to apply.
All expenses will be paid, and Emerging Scholars will receive a $2,000 stipend for their participation. (Lloyd and Sarah Hammerschlag will serve as mentors for the 2021-2022 cohort, with an application deadline in January 2021.)
To apply, please send a CV and a brief (1 or 2 page) letter of interest to Richard Kent Evans at email@example.com by January 15, 2020.
In your letter of interest, please consider addressing the following questions:
1) How do you see the past, present, and future of the field of political theology, and how does your own research contribute to the field?
2) Which key texts do you see as forming the “canon” of political theology and why?
3) What role does political theology play in your teaching?