2020 One Young World / London Business School Master’s Scholarship for OYW Ambassadors
Deadline: January 2, 2020.
The One Young World & London Business School Scholarship will enable one member of the One Young World Ambassador Community to complete a transformative post-graduate degree programme at London Business School (LBS).
LBS is one of the world’s leading business schools, redefining business practice and transforming careers across the globe. Through diverse perspectives, evidence-based research and premium learning experiences, LBS encourages its community to challenge the status quo, to outthink challenges and to free up people to define their own success, in a truly unique academic environment.
Like One Young World, LBS’s community spans the world. LBS’s students, staff, faculty, alumni and corporate partners come from every corner of the globe to create a powerfully connected network. The School’s diversity creates a unique, multicultural learning environment, where collaboration and innovation thrives.
The scholarship offers you the opportunity to apply to join the 2020/21 cohort of LBS’s full-time, 12 month Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programme.
Only One Young World Ambassadors are eligible for this opportunity. One Young World Ambassadors are individuals who have attended at least one One Young World Summit as a delegate.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Hold at least an undergraduate degree.
- Have a maximum of two years’ post-graduate work experience.
- Hold a minimum overall GMAT Exam score of 560, or the equivalent score on the GRE. You do not need to have completed the GMAT or GRE Exam to submit an initial application. However, if you are thinking of applying for this scholarship, you should begin researching the GMAT or GRE Exam and start preparing for it. Find out more about the GMAT here and more about the GRE here.
- Demonstrate a strong motivation to undertake your chosen Early Career masters programme at London Business School.
- Be able to travel to and live in London, UK, between August 2020 and July 2021.
- Demonstrate that you are a strong Ambassador for the One Young World Community, being concerned with and making an impact on pressing social or environmental issues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the role of business in contributing to the realisation of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Have strong written and verbal English language skills.
- A funded place on the 2020/21 intake of LBS’s Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programmes.
- In addition to waiving the programme fees, LBS will provide the winning scholar with a stipend, creating a total scholarship package worth about £55,000.
- LBS will sponsor the succesful applicant’s Tier 4 study visa, if required.
One Young World will nominate up to 15 applicants for this scholarship programme.
To be considered for One Young World’s nomination, apply below before 2:00pm (GMT) on 2 January 2020.
- Up to five of One Young World’s nominees will be contacted by LBS and invited to the second stage, when they will submit formal applications for their chosen programme. In addition to completing LBS’s online application, the shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Participate in an interview with an LBS staff member or LBS alumnus/alumna (latter are based around the world).
- Provide a CV/Resume.
- Provide proof of their English language ability.
- Provide copies of university transcripts.
- Provide two references.
- Sit the GMAT or GRE Exam with a licenced testing centre and provide documentary evidence of their score.
- Submit an entrance essay.
The finalists will be notified by 27 January 2020.