2020 One Young World Leading The Americas Scholarships to Attend OYW Summit in Germany for Young Americas
Deadline: April 8, 2020.
The Leading The Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still o the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
- Antigua and Barbuda , Argentina, Bahamas , Barbados , Belize, Bolivia , Brazil, Chile , Canada, Colombia , Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica , Dominican Republic , Ecuador , El Salvador , Grenada , Guatemala , Guyana , Haiti , Honduras , Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama , Paraguay , Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis , Saint Lucia , Saint Vincent and The Grenadines , Suriname , Trinidad and Tobago , United States , Uruguay and Venezuela
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself.