2020 One Young World Leading Europe Scholarships to Attend OYW Summit in Germany for Young Europeans
Deadline: April 8, 2020.
Leading Europe is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Europe are represented at One Young World Summits.
Europe finds itself at a crossroads. The environment is under threat despite the Green Deal at the forefront of Europe’s ambitions. The region is increasingly divided, with domestic upheavals and far-right, populist rhetoric espoused by the leaders of several European nations. The pressure of migration is still being felt across the continent. The bounds of media freedom are being tested as relationships between states and the press become more adversarial. Europe’s economic outlook is pessimistic amid widespread uncertainty in a post-Brexit era. The EU seeks to be at the heart of Fourth Industrial Revolution, but many European workforces are unprepared for the digital upheaval. Yet with the advancements in tech, medicine and energy, the future must be seen as bright.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in Munich.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
- Albania, Andorra, Armenia , Austria , Azerbaijan , Belarus , Belgium , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Bulgaria , Croatia , Cyprus , Czech Republic , Denmark , Estonia , Finland , France, Georgia , Germany , Greece , Holy See , Hungary , Iceland, Ireland, Italy , Kosovo* , Latvia , Liechtenstein , Lithuania , Luxembourg , Malta , Moldova, Republic of , Monaco , Montenegro , Netherlands , North Macedonia , Norway , Poland, Portugal , Romania , Russia, San Marino , Serbia , Slovakia , Slovenia , Spain, Sweden , Switzerland , Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself.