2020 ONE Champions Programme for Young Kenyans and Ethiopians
Deadline: February 14, 2020.
Recruitment for the first cohort of the ONE Champions programme in Kenya and Ethiopia is now open and we’re looking for passionate activists to join them..
ONE is launching its Champions Program in Kenya and Ethiopia in 2020. This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 30 emerging leaders between 18-35 years of age who will champion ONE’s work in Kenya and Ethiopia. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty with focus on gender and youth.
ONE Champions will work with the direction and support of the ONE team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Ethiopia and Kenya.
To become a ONE Champion, you must have the following attributes:
• Passion for creating change
• Proven commitment to end poverty
• Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
• Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
• Good communication skills
As a ONE Champion, you will partner with ONE to deliver successful campaigns
• Develop analyses and write ups on key issues
• Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts and member-recruitment activities
• Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
• Keep ONE informed on key developments in your community
• Support ONE to organise activities that will increase the impact of our campaigns
• Partner with our team to plan events, social media activities and other actions that ONE will undertake
• Assist in the mobilization of supporters in Kenya and Ethiopia.
ONE Champions do not receive any financial benefits for the work that they do. However, we offer in return the following benefits:
• A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment.
• Trainings on campaigns and advocacy
• Gain experience on the practical side of lobbying and campaigning • Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation
• Exposure and Represent ONE at both local and international conferences