2020 ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy Accelerator Program for Women in Digital Media
Deadline: October 31, 2019.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is a yearlong intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. Each year we welcome a cohort of women representing a range of backgrounds, expertise and newsrooms around the globe.
1. The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media.
2. This means we’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
3. Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be committed to further developing their skills. Innovation means different things in different markets, and we consider that when reviewing applications.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the 2020 Online News Association Conference (ONA20) in Atlanta.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA20.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.