2020 Nikon International Small World Competition
Deadline: April 30, 2020.
The Nikon International Small World Competition first began in 1975 as a means to recognize and applaud the efforts of those involved with photography through the light microscope. Since then, Small World has become a leading showcase for photomicrographers from the widest array of scientific disciplines.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible, with the exception of employees of Nikon, their families, the contest judges, and individuals engaged in the manufacture or sale of microscopes, related accessories or photographic equipment.
- Former first prizewinners are ineligible to win first prize in the three contests immediately following the contest they won but can win other prizes.
- Any image that has won any other photomicrography competition is not eligible.
- Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of microscopes.
- All types of light microscopy and specimens are acceptable.
- Electron and any other microscopes that do not capture imagery using optical light technology are not permitted.
- Macro Photography is not permitted
- The use of Nikon equipment is not required.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Nikon Small World Contest Prizes:
- 1st Prize – $3,000
- 2nd Prize – $2,000
- 3rd Prize – $1,000
- 4th Prize – $800
- 5th Prize – $600
- 6th Prize – $400
- 7th-10th Prizes – $300 each
- 11th-20th Prizes – $200 each
- Honorable Mentions – $100 each
- Images of Distinction – Nikon Backpack (or equivalent)