2020 Mohammed VI Polytechnic University /Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) LeadTech Incubation for African Young Female Entrepreneurs
Deadline: April 24, 2020.
Sharing the belief that entrepreneurship and women’s leadership are key drivers in transforming the African Continent, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, through its entity P-Curiosity Lab, have partnered with the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) to support 15 African young female entrepreneurs as part of the 2020 LeadTech startups promotion.
LeadTech is an intensive 6-month incubation program dedicated to early stage women-owned or women-led tech start-ups. Based on a competition model. The program aims to nurture and provide a supportive environment for women entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and become independent. The goal of the program is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship at start-up for scale and to strengthen sustainability of growth.
1. Be between the age of 18 and 50 years and must be citizens of an African country
2. Have an innovative offer that integrated digital technologies into the process
3. Must resolve a real issue for customer or meet a need in the market
4. Must have a proof of concept
5. Have early customer interest
6. Have raised or could raise (pre) seed capital
7. Passionate and committed
1. World-class mentors and experts
2. Tailored trainings and capacity building
3. Corporate partners
4. Community of changemakers committed to women’s empowerment
5. Events (pitch days, demo days, invest days and the annual AWIEF conference and exhibition)
6. Space Infrastructure and Facilities