2020 Mitacs/DAAD RISE-Globalink Research Internship
Deadline: December 15, 2019.
Mitacs has partnered with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), to support the mobility of students from Canadian universities to German universities and institutions.
The RISE-Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative that offers undergraduate students at Canadian universities in the fields of biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, earth science, and physics the opportunity to participate in a research project supervised by a doctoral student at a German university or institution.
1. Applicants are required to have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree program by the time of the internship.
2. You have to be enrolled at a college / university with a 4-years program.
3. All students who will graduate in winter 2020 or later are eligible to apply.
4. Provided that you study at a United States, Canadian, British or Irish university/college, you are very welcome to apply.
5. Attention German Citizenship holders: You are only eligible to apply if you can prove that you have been living outside of Germany for six years or more.
- Mitacs provides $6,000 to support the student’s travel costs and living expenses
- The DAAD provides health, accident, and liability insurance
- The DAAD provides logistical support to selected students (including assistance finding accommodation in cooperation with mentors at the host institution, information on visas and work permits, and research arrangements)
- Motivation (cover) letter for each project you apply for
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- List of courses, as a supplement to the official transcript, you will have completed by the time the internship begins
- Up-to-date official university/college transcript
- Verification / certificate of enrollment (download document)
- Letter of reference from a senior academic (holds at least a PhD degree) in your field of study from your home university. Please enter in the online form name and email address of your referee. The referee receives automatically an email with a link to upload his letter to your application.