2020 MIT-Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT) Fellowship Program for Nigerians
Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The MIT-Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT) program at MIT strives to foster innovation in science and engineering education in tertiary academic institutions in Africa through an intense engagement with faculty members from African universities. NNPC/TOTAL is the corporate partner and sponsor of this program.
1. Accepting engineering professors who are currently teaching at local universities in Nigeria
2. Applicants who recently completed their Ph.D.
During their semester at MIT, Fellows do the following:
- observe instruction in their own disciplines & subjects
- interact with MIT faculty teaching in their own disciplines & subjects
- develop courses based on problem-solving approach inspired by equivalent course at MIT
- discuss & explore curricular enrichment & reform through both formal and informal interaction with the MIT community
The ultimate goal is to reform their current curricular using new materials, approaches and methods that exemplify the best of MIT’s practices: problem-solving, student-centered, innovation and bringing knowledge to bear on the world’s greatest challenges.