2020 Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA
Deadline: September 21, 2019.
Each year, PhD supervisors from academic institutions in EMEA are invited to submit their proposals for collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge. Applications are then peer reviewed and a number of projects selected for funding. PhD students are appointed to the selected projects and begin their research in the following academic year under the supervision of their academic supervisor, with co-supervision from a researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
The Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) was launched in 2004 and has so far supported more than 200 PhD students from more than 18 countries and 51 institutions.
For an application to be considered, the following key requirements apply:
- The institute agrees to the terms and conditions in the PhD Term Sheet and EPSRC Term Sheetwhere appropriate and there will be no negotiation once the selections have been made and communicated.
- Applicants must be nominated by a Microsoft supervisor to be eligible to submit an application.
- Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
- The proposed research must be closely related to our research themes at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
Microsoft actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers. We are always looking for the best and brightest talent and pride ourselves on our individuality.
1. Each Microsoft scholarship consists of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years or a maximum of four years for an EPSRC CASE award.
2. The monetary value of the award varies by country to reflect local differences in costs and overheads. Payment is made directly to the institution. The amount of the scholarship is the maximum amount Microsoft Research pays to the institution.
3. In addition, every Scholar receives a fixed hardware allowance and conference allowance.