2020 Mérieux Foundation’s Grants Program
Deadline: August 1, 2020.
The Mérieux Foundation’s grants program contributes towards financing projects that aim to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. The projects including as beneficiaries mothers and children will be given priority.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Registered with the authorities of the country
- Status of association under the law of 1901 or recognized as a public utility or equivalent status for foreign structures,
- Nonprofit and independent management,
- Exclusive mission of public interest in connection with the Mérieux Foundation’s mandate: fight against the infectious diseases the affects the most vulnerable populations in developing countries, especially mothers and children
- Respect and sign the ethical principles of the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter: transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, respect,
- Not convicted (the organization or one of its member) of acts contrary to the principles stated above
- Not in bankruptcy or receivership.
- Only projects implemented by local organizations will be studied.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PROJECTS
- Objectives and activities related to and consistent with the Mérieux Foundation’s mission and focusing on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis, neglected tropical diseases and other infectious diseases representing significant public health issues;
- Projects taking a global approach to health, including physical, social and psychological aspects;
- Projects based on a local needs assessment;
- Projects proposing concrete solutions, beyond education and raising awareness;
- Projects that are adapted to the population that is targeted and are long-term in nature;
- Strong local involvement: links with local authorities, local associations and beneficiaries;
- Harmonization with existing initiatives in the concerned location;
- Respect of ethical principles and gender equality in the implementation of the project.
Selected projects will receive financial support of up to 5000 euros.
- Copy of the official statutes of the organization
- Activity report from the previous year of the organization
- Budget and financial accounts from the previous year of the organization, certified by the competent authorities
- Detailed budget of the project
- Location map of the project
- Any reference of financial and operational partners of the organization
- Any useful document related to the project