2020 Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Fellowship Program for Young Global Leaders
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
The Melton Fellowship starts while you are in university. Through online learning, global teamwork, and collaborative projects you will exercise your global citizenship muscle.
Their 1.5-year Global Citizenship Program is designed as an extra-curricular program that will fire up your can-do attitude and will-do motivation to become the critical thinker and global problem-solver you aspire to be. Supported by our global network of mentors and partner organizations, you’ll acquire skills in areas such as intercultural communications, teamwork, design thinking, project management, storytelling, ethical leadership, and systems thinking. As you work together with others in pursuit of collaborative solutions to challenges of today’s interconnected world, Project Teams, Acts of Global Citizenship, and global workshops and conferences will be your fueling stations.
After graduating from the program, you will join our Senior Fellow network, where you will find the stimulus and support needed as you take your own initiatives forward and continue to drive change in your growing spheres of influence.
They are looking for emerging problem solvers with the curiosity, potential, and motivation to become active global citizens!
Melton Fellows …
- broaden their horizons by learning with and from peers around the world.
- work towards collaborative solutions in global citizenship projects.
- contribute with energy, knowledge, and resources to help solve pressing issues in their communities and beyond.
- use their skills and passion to drive change together.
- transform perceptions of how global problems are approached – and solved.
- model global citizenship in their communities for others to follow their example.
Some of the characteristics they are looking for in candidates:
- Civic engagement or leadership at community level,
- Curiosity for different social contexts and cultures,
- Demonstrable interest in global challenges and international issues,
- Respect for diversity, whether across the street or across the globe,
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams,
- Sufficient English language skills to understand and participate in all aspects of the program, and a
- Strong academic record.
Becoming a global citizen is a serious commitment – and fellows are expected to be active and engaged throughout the program. If selected into the fellowship, our commitment to you is to constantly support and challenge you on your path towards global citizenship – through learning, exposure, mentoring, travel and more. This, however, is only effective, if you are equally committed.
As a new Melton Fellow, you can expect the following during the 1.5 years of Global Citizenship Program:
- Attend global events of the Melton Foundation (usually once a year, approximately 1 week long)
- Engage in online learning activities (approx. 5 hrs/month)
- Work in global project teams (depending on the project, average estimate: 10 hrs/month)
- Participate in community projects (depending on your local community engagement, average estimate: 10 hrs/month)
Those are core activities through which you will build your leadership capacity, grow your spheres of influence and – later, as Senior Fellow – make an impact as a global problem solver in your expanding network.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://meltonfoundation.org/the-fellowship/apply/