2020 Mecila Junior PostDoctoral Researcher Fellowships
Deadline: Janaury 15, 2020.
Mecila (Maria Sibylla Merian International Centre for Advanced Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences Conviviality-Inequality in Latin America) is a joint project of the following German and Latin American research institutions: Freie Universität Berlin (coordination); Ibero-Amerikanisches Institut (Berlin); Universität zu Köln (Cologne); Universidade de São Paulo and Centro Brasileiro de Análise e Planejamento (São Paulo); Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet, La Plata); and El Colegio de México (Mexico City).
- Develop an independent research project in the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the Research Areas of the project
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute at least one issue to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog contribution, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
- A PhD degree in the humanities or the social sciences obtained within the last 5 years from the date of application
- A track record of training, research, and publications on Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively participating in an international, interdisciplinary, and collective research environment
- An appropriately ambitious research project of relevance to Mecila that will enhance the applicant’s career prospects
The monthly stipend is above average, covering local living costs.
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish or Portuguese via e-mail in a single pdf-attachment no later than 15 January 2020 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisaged contribution to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Two recent writing samples: journal article (published or forthcoming), book chapter or thesis chapter
OFFICIAL LINK: http://mecila.net/cfa-junior-fellows-2020/