2020 McCall MacBain Scholarship at McGill University for Canadian Citizens
Deadline: September 30, 2020.
Join the first cohort of McCall MacBain Scholars for your master’s or professional degree studies at McGill University.
Do you aspire to make a positive impact on the lives of people around you?
Are you ready to explore new concepts and challenge yourself while working with a diverse cohort of fellow scholars?
Are you excited by the idea of learning from peers and mentors with a variety of lived experiences and academic paths?
To be eligible to apply in 2020/21, you must have:
- Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or refugee status in Canada
- A bachelor’s degree, or be on track to graduate before August 2021
You will also need to be admitted to an eligible master’s or professional program at McGill University. The program application is separate from your scholarship application.
1. The scholarship will cover tuition and fees for any master’s program or a second-entry professional undergraduate program (i.e. dentistry, law, or medicine) at McGill. It also provides you with a living stipend of $2,000 per month during academic terms.
2. More importantly, the McCall MacBain Scholarship will connect you to the mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and global community you need to make a positive impact on the world.
McCall MacBain Scholars will have a track record of community engagement, informed by a sense of duty, empathy, intellectual curiosity, grit, and a willingness to take risks. They aim to create meaningful and lasting change, while improving the lives of others.
In the selection process, they will look for:
- Exceptional character
- Community engagement
- Leadership potential
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Academic strength and intellectual curiosity