2020 Max Planck Institute for the History of Science First Research Article Fellowship
Deadline: March 15, 2020.
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin (MPIWG), Department III Artifacts, Action, and Knowledge (Director: Prof. Dagmar Schäfer), is offering two fellowships for outstanding graduate students.
1. The fellowships are open to graduate students based at Asian, African or Latin American institutions.
2. Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to a research topic related to the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine, or Science and Technology Studies and a need to work with an international community at the MPIWG, Berlin in order to prepare and publish their first single-authored research paper in the English language.
Applicants should submit the following materials in English through our online application portal:
- Official proof of enrollment and good standing in an accredited graduate program from your PhD thesis/or confirmation of your university. Brief description of dissertation.
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Title, abstract and outline of intended essay (maximum 750 words)
- English writing sample
- A letter of recommendation from one supervisor
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2020 (23:59 CET) to be uploaded to the following link: https://recruitment.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/position/14254095