2020 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Edinburgh
Deadline: November 29, 2019.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at The University of Edinburgh provides full scholarships and transformative leadership training to educate and support bright, young African students with a deep, personal commitment to changing the world around them.
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh will provide 200 full postgraduate and undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. On top of the scholarship, the Scholars Program facilitates transformative leadership programming to inspire and support Scholars in making change change in their communities and countries on their return home.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Applicants must want to apply for one of our eligible courses listed above
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
1. Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and will benefit from extracurricular opportunities including retreats and internships.
2. The Scholars Program aims to build the abilities and talents of each student so they can make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
3. Scholarship covers full tuition, accommodation, To and Fro Air fare