2020 Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship for Young Africans
Deadline: April 16, 2020.
The programme is built on our founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation.
They aim to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive. Their programme is delivered primarily through a series of week-long residential workshops which you will attend during your time in residence.
1. Young people between the ages of 19 and 29
2. A citizen of any African country.
3. Have a first degree with above average academic results (70% and above).
4. They look for young Africans who have demonstrated the potential to embody our founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
5. You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
6. You must be curious about doing the personal, internal work of leadership
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies