2020 Lexus Design Award Emerging Design Leaders
Deadline: October 14, 2019.
Submissions for the 2020 Lexus Design Award are open. Lexus invites today’s emerging design leaders to ‘Design for a Better Tomorrow’ for an extraordinary chance to achieve recognition on the world stage.
1. Open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts around the world.
2. Entrants should be individuals who have reached the age of majority in their home country. Last year, creators from 65 countries submitted design proposals, many of which leveraged the power of technology to design for a better tomorrow.
3. The submissions spanned across the categories of Industrial Design, Architecture, Technology/Engineering, Interior Design, and Fashion Design.
1. 6 Finalists will be chosen to attend Milan Design Week where prototypes of their submitted proposals will be exhibited at the 2020 Lexus Design Event. At Milan, the 6 Finalists will present their works to a panel of esteemed judges and one Grand Prix Winner will be selected.
2. Before exhibiting in Milan, Finalists will be invited to New York City to participate in a workshop with world class design professionals serving as Mentors to develop their prototypes.
3. There will be continual follow-up by the Mentors as the Finalists devlop their designs into physical prototypes.
4. Prototype production costs up to 3 million JPY (over $25,000 USD), including tax, will be covered.
5. Finalists will receive an Award Certificate and PR assistance through an Award Press Kit.