2020 Lead Alliance Exchange Program for Young Emerging Leaders from Myanmar, Bhutan and Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: October 20, 2019.
Are you interested in joining the Leaders Advancing Democracy (LEAD) Alliance – a network of young democracy champions who collaborate to address development challenges in their respective communities? If so, we encourage you to put your vision for change into practice through the LEAD Alliance 2020 exchange program.
#LEADAlliance Fellows are dedicated to positive change and collaborate with the region’s most inspiring and motivated democracy champions in a variety of ways: through leadership webinars, mentorship programs, community development projects and other networking events including the regional LEAD Alliance summit in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- A current citizen of Myanmar, Bhutan or Kyrgyzstan residing and working in your home country
- Valid passport and ability to travel to Mongolia in February 2020
- Between 25 and 40 years of age
- Demonstrated three years of professional experience in areas related to LEAD Alliance program goals
- Sufficient command of English language in order to communicate with other LEAD Fellows
- Demonstrated commitment to community leadership and democratic values
Preference will be given to applicants with relevant professional achievements who have not previously participated in U.S.-funded exchange programs.
Applicants will need to have a current and valid passport and be willing to undertake the necessary visa requirements to enter Mongolia for the duration of the LEAD Alliance Summit 2020.
The following costs will be covered by LEAD Alliance program:
- International and domestic travel necessary for participation in the Summit
- Visa fee (for Fellows from Myanmar and Bhutan)
- Shared accommodation (two Fellows per room)
- Meals and incidental stipend during the Summit