2020 Kinship Conservation Fellowship Program
Deadline: January 12, 2020.
Only the best and the brightest practitioners in the field are chosen to become Fellows. Kinship Fellows join a community of practitioners, where they continue to network and collaborate to address environmental challenges. The global network of 282 Fellows in 51 countries across 7 continents is collaborative, innovative, and dedicated to effective conservation.
1. They’re looking for conservation leaders with at least five years of on the ground experience.
2. Applicant who are deeply committed to conservation, involved with the implementation of market-based approaches to solve environmental problems, and ready to be part of an expanding community of global leaders.
3. A key part of the Fellows application is a proposed project describing an environmental issue related to the applicant’s work and the plans to develop a solution using market approaches.
4. Successful applicants will be familiar with business and economic principles and work in a setting where these principles can be integrated with conservation work. 18 applicants are selected to participate in the training program.
5. In order to be considered for the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a minimum of a four-year U.S. college degree (or its equivalent).
- Have a minimum of five years relevant work experience, after completing a degree.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be a conservation practitioner (rather than an academic or researcher).
1. Those who are selected receive a month of valuable training and a $6,000 stipend.
2. The curriculum is delivered by a faculty of global experts who work closely with each carefully selected cohort of Fellows to explore new ways to apply market-based approaches to environmental issues.
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Proposed project viability and appropriateness
- Leadership potential
- Potential contribution at the Fellowship program and ongoing membership in the Fellows Community