2020 Kectil Leadership Program for Youths from Developing Countries
Deadline: October 31, 2019.
“KECTIL” is an acronym that refers to the Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership.The Program works to achieve these goals in three parts: a one-year Web-based Program, the Developing Youth Leadership Conference in Atlanta, United States, and the Alumni Network.
The Kectil Web-based Program consists of 12 Modules:
- Introduction and Mission
- Lessons on Leadership from Martin Luther King and other transformational change makers
- Enabling Women to Succeed in Society
- Population Growth and its Effect on Youth & Youth Unemployment and Poverty Employment
- Colonialism and Occupation
- Innovation to Advance Society
- Entrepreneurship and Corporate Product Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Personal and Group Management
- Good Government
- Local Projects to Improve Communities
- Wrap-up and What’s Next?
1. High potential youth (aged 17-26) in least developed and developing countries
2. Applicants who have demonstrated a talent and passion for leadership, scholarship or innovation.
3. Proficient in English
4. Have access to a computer and the internet.
1. Web-Based Mentoring Program: Monthly Kectil Talks with Leaders in Science, Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Public Service.
2. Assignments & Sharing: Connect with other students on social media (Facebook & Twitter) with facilitated web-based group discussions.
3. Youth Leadership Conference: Intensive Leadership Training, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Workshop, Meetings with Successful Leaders, and Creation of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries.
4. Alumni Web-Portal: Maintenance of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries, Interaction with New Youth Participants, Availability of Mentorship from Program