2020 Joseph P. Kennedy JR Foundation International Policy Fellowship
Deadline: May 31, 2020.
The Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation is pleased to announce the next
round of its International Public Policy Fellowship Program in
Inclusive Education in cooperation with UNICEF.
They are seeking a Fellow for one of the following possible placements:
1. UNICEF Country Office, Montevideo,
Uruguay (Fluency in English and Spanish required)
2. UNICEF Country Office, Yaounde,
Cameroon, (Fluency in English and French required)
3. UNICEF Regional Office, Middle East and
North Africa (MENA), Amman, Jordan (Fluency in
English required; proficiency in Arabic an asset)
They seek applicants with distinguished involvement in efforts to improve the lives of persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities at the local, regional or national level, particularly in low-income settings. Relevant experience would include:
1. Advocacy for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families
2. Experience in including children with intellectual disabilities in education which is inclusive of all children
3. Field experience in programme design in inclusive education, implementation and monitoring (desirable)
4. Master’s Degree or Equivalent in inclusive education
During this one-year Fellowship, the successful applicant will learn how policies, programs and legislation are developed and administered and regulations promulgated by national and international agencies. Former Public Policy Fellows describe the Fellowship as a major turning point in their professional and personal lives; the experience is a unique chance to understand the intersection of public policy, disability advocacy, and the political process.
• Submit a letter of application between 2 to no more than 4 pages in length, single spaced in 12 point font with 1 inch margins, clearly showing the candidate’s name, address, telephone number(s), and e-mail address on the first page.
• State which of the 3 placements they are applying for (applicants may be considered for more than 1 site.)
• State their background and history in the field of services and supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, interests and accomplishments to date, as well as what they hope to do with the knowledge and experience gained from the fellowship.
• Attach either a résumé detailing their work and educational experience or a summary of their involvement in the field
• Submit three letters of support from people familiar with their work. Letters of support are encouraged via e-mail PDF file.
• The sole method of application, letters and résumé submission is via e-mail attachment (i.e. not in the body of the e-mail) to [email protected] Hard copies of the application will not be accepted.