2020 Jacobs Foundation Scholarship at Saïd Business School
Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The first Jacobs Foundation Scholars at Saïd Business School started their studies in September 2018.
The Jacobs Foundation Scholarship was introduced in 2018 and is open to candidates with a strong interest in the field of youth and child development and/or education, or in agricultural development in Africa. Jacobs Foundation scholars have an entrepreneurial vision, are dedicated to social issues, and usually have a minimum of three years’ work experience. The Jacobs Foundation Scholars will also be committed to the goals of the Jacobs Foundation.
1. Candidates must have an interest in the following areas (in order of priority):
- Child and youth development, learning, education (ed-tech, early-ed, parenting, brain development);
- Agricultural development in Africa (food security, microfinance, supply-chain);
- Impact investment, with a preference for education.
2. Candidates who have industry experience from the NGO, education or government sector are particularly welcome to apply.
3. Additionally, candidates must be ordinarily resident in one of the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, United Kingdom, United States. (With a preference for: Senegal, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Benin, Ghana, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany and Romania.)
1. £26,500 per scholarship
2. As a Jacobs Foundation scholar, you will also benefit from interaction with the Jacobs Foundation directly.
1. You must submit an additional Jacobs Foundation scholarship essay in the funding section of your programme application form.
2. Please write up to 500 words, answering the question: Tell us about your experience in one of the listed Priority Areas. How would the MBA programme support you and your future plans in one of these areas?