2020 IWMF Adelante Latin America Reporting Fellowship for Women Journalists
Deadline: March 15, 2020.
Adelante is the IWMF’s Latin America reporting initiative that seeks to reduce the gender gap in the region by giving women journalists the opportunities and skills to amplify their voices and to advance in their careers. The Initiative builds on the successes of the IWMF’s African Great Lakes Reporting Initiative.
Adelante provides international reporting trips, year-long fellowships for in-country journalists, and expanded security training in Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and the Mexico-United States border. Adelante is made possible by a generous five-year, $5 million grant from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation.
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and/or Spanish.
- The IWMF may require additional training, experience, and/or language skills for some international reporting trips. Please review the Call for Applications for further information.
1. The IWMF pays for fellowship-related expenses within the framework of the reporting trip including visas, travel, lodging, meals and fixers/interpreters unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
2. The IWMF does not cover the cost of immunizations, alcohol, laundry or baggage fees.