2020 IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Deadline: May 18, 2020.
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
A host centre should be identified by the candidate based on his/her particular area of research. In the latter case, TWAS and the scientific reviewers associated with the evaluation process for selecting the awards will make a decision on the suitability of the host institute proposed by the candidate.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields (please refer to the guidelines for details):
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Age up to 45 years
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC
- Must be employed at an institution in his/her home country
1. Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
2. The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
3. The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.