2020 International Tech Hub Network Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders Program for Female Entrepreneur
Deadline: November 21, 2019.
Are you a rising female entrepreneur based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa using tech to solve a local development challenge?
The International Tech Hub Network is today launching Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020. The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January. If you’re based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa, you could gain access to world-class mentoring, 1:1 time with UK investors and expert training to help scale your company.
The UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is establishing an International Tech Hub Network (ITHN). Tech Hubs are expert teams which work with partner countries to stimulate local digital economies, build high-end digital skills, and forge innovation partnerships between local tech sectors and international businesses.
1. Female founder leading a company within any tech sub-sector
2. Can demonstrate a clear business model
3. MVP product or prototype (i.e. must be fully operating in market)
4. Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
5. Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
6. Ambition to expand internationally in the future
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
1. Create a video (max 1 minute) telling us about your startup and why this opportunity excites you (camera facing, not narrated)
2. Upload your video to YouTube
3. Fill in the application form below and include the video link at the bottom
**Please note that the video is to understand how you will use this opportunity to benefit your startup and local ecosystem**