2020 International Sustainability Academy (ISA) Scholarship for Young Professional in Germany
Deadline: June 30, 2020.
ISA is a project of the Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Lv. Hamburg e.V. (SDW) [The Protective Association for the German Forest] and is located in Hamburg in the WÄLDERHAUS. The goal is to support and strengthen international cooperation in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Available resources and network structures of the SDW can and should be used effectively. In this way the Academy creates the link between work at local level and international exchange. In the first instance the planned project goals should be new solutions in climate protection.
The scholarship is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at interested parties in emerging countries and economies on the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Landesverband Hamburg e.V. (SDW), as a NUN-certified education center for sustainable development (BNE), heads the ISA which is responsible for the scholarship-holders. The program will be sponsored initially until the end of 2022. Four courses are planned as of September 2019 to December 2022.
A. The costs for accommodation in flat-shares.
B. The work station.
C. The costs of return flights, health insurance and a 10-week German language course will be taken over.
D. In addition each sponsorship-holder will receive an amount of money for the research work.
- Scholarship holders must come from the countries on the DAC list
- English knowledge of be at least B1
- Have a at least secondary school degree and relevant professional experience
- The scholarship holders* must already be working or researching on a project in their home country that is ideally sustainable or a potential sustainable concept. What is important is a visible benefit for the home country.
- The project must be assigned to one or more sustainability goals (SDG ́s).
- There is no age limit for the application.
SECOND ROUND REQUIREMENTS
Please note that If you are selected for the second round, you will have to upload the following application documents as PDFs. We would like to recommend that you start promptly with a detailed description of the project and its potential implementation, possibly apply for a new passport, and clarify the necessary approval from the employer!
- Proof of training, work experience, diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent training
- Passport copy.
- a 3-4-page curriculum vitae with date and signature, formulated in full
- English language certificate (min. B1) (not applicable for native speakers and those who completed their higher degree in English language
- Detailed project description following the ISA template
- Authorization for a study leave (authorization from the employer)
OFFICIAL LINK: https://application.isa-germany.com/3-ISA-SCHOLARSHIP-PROGRAM-eng-j35.html