2020 International Anti-Corruption Conference Workshop Proposal Call
Deadline: December 15, 2019.
No matter how much progress is made on other fronts, it is our collective work over the next decade that will define the chances for a fair and sustainable future. When the 19th IACC takes place in 2020 from June 2- 5 in Seoul, Korea, the Conference and festivals will provide a unique opportunity as a global platform to shape the future we want to see in 2030. A future of trust, truth and transparency.
Each workshop at the 19th IACC will last 120 minutes and should leave time in the end for questions from the audience. The thematic agenda for the 19th IACC workshops is framed in two different formats for you to choose from. We will do our best to accommodate your choice:
- Interactive Circle
This is a fishbowl-style, interactive setup. Conversation and debate with the audience are encouraged; lengthy presentations and PowerPoints are discouraged.
- Panel Debate
This is a traditional panel set up, with a table at the front of the room facing the audience. Fewer presentations and more discussion ideal.
Ideally, each workshop should be pitched around one of the following thematic streams.
1. Strategic paths towards a Positive Future: In an increasingly interdependent world where changing geopolitics, natural resources scarcity and new technologies set new trends and challenges, corruption increases in complexity and reach. This thematic stream aims to provide a space for the movement to explore scenarios of what the next decade could look like and by doing so carve strategies, tools and broader coalitions to meet those possible future scenarios.
2. New Transparency Standards for Peace and Social Justice: The rise of populism and extremism are eroding good governance still further. A sharp decrease in privacy and civic space pose further threats. Transparency and good governance are central to preventing corruption and the rise of non-democratic regimes. This thematic stream aims to identify essential transparency standards and provide a platform for all who defend their rights and the rights of others to share experiences and trace ways forward to implement appropriate standards.
3. Breaking Vicious Cycles of Dirty Money and Impunity: Dirty money and grand corruption, environmental crimes, trafficking, and organized crime thrive on impunity due to money laundering, tax havens and anonymous companies as key enablers. This thematic stream aims to review what progress has been made, stumbling blocks to address and shared goals for 2030 to stop the flows of dirty money around the globe.
4. Defending the Truth: Leaks, whistleblowers, cross border investigations, the use of new technologies and data move the needle in the fight against corruption. Being exposed is now a real fear the corrupt live with. Yet mass manipulation and fake news are on the rise facilitated by technology and the exploitation of personal data. This thematic stream aims to highlight how exposing the truth has changed the anti-corruption fight and identify strategies to counteract tech-based mass manipulation and fake news.
5. Restoring Trust by Collective Action: The anti-corruption movement has placed corruption, transparency and integrity at the centre of the global agenda, with numerous conventions, laws, partnerships and commitments firmly rooted in the international institutional setting. However, governments and institutions have fallen short in addressing the challenges posed by corruption and lack of integrity. This stream aims to forge new and stronger alliances in the pursuit of new and reinvigorated integrity policies and strategies.
6. Common efforts to advance social justice: The adoption of the UN SDG’s and in particular, article 16 provides a global framework for cooperation and advancing our aspirations for a sustainable, fair and peaceful future. This thematic stream will asses progress the delivery on the UN’s Global Goals at national levels and seek to generate strategies and recommendations to accelerate its implementation.
Anyone interested in the fight against corruption and wants to help to advance the anti-corruption agenda globally is welcome to submit a proposal.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://iaccseries.org/19th-iacc/workshop-proposal-form/