2020 International AIDS Scholarship Programme to Attend AIDS Conference
Deadline: January 15, 2020.
The AIDS 2020 Scholarship Programme will be the largest ever, aiming to support 1,600 delegates to attend the conference in San Francisco and Oakland. Conference organizers are committed to ensuring that resource-constrained settings and individuals are represented at AIDS 2020. In prioritizing the participation in the programme of groups and individuals from these settings, the conference creates pathways for the direct dissemination of scientific knowledge and best practices from the conference to local programmes and individuals in communities where it can be actively and effectively implemented.
The AIDS 2020 Scholarship Programme is open to everyone with experience in HIV and AIDS who is at least 16 years of age by 6 July 2020. This programme provides financial assistance to help people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
Only applicants who completed an individual scholarship application in English via our online application platform are eligible for a scholarship to attend AIDS 2020.
Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters, workshop facilitators or Global Village and Youth Programme activity organizers whose submission has been selected
- People living with HIV (particularly women living with HIV), young people and those who belong to key or vulnerable populations and who demonstrate capacity and willingness to transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to help enhance projects in their own communities
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an International AIDS Conference.
Scholarship applicants can request one or more of the following grants:
- Conference registration (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions)
- Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport and for the conference dates only)
- Accommodation (shared room in a budget hotel for the conference dates only)
- Modest daily living allowance during the conference (6-10 July 2020).
Attention: Only a limited number of scholarships is available, and partial scholarships may also be given. Applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to also seek other/additional funding.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.aids2020.org/scholarships/