2020 IASS Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellowship
Deadline: February 24, 2020.
The IASS is currently seeking nominations to the 2020 Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellowship. The fellowship is intended to honour individuals who strive, like Klaus Töpfer, to connect science and politics in their work. Applicants, who may come from academia, politics, civil society, business, and the arts, are invited to submit their applications by 24 February.
1. The IASS is thus seeking applications from highly talented young early to mid-career professionals from Germany or abroad
2. Applicant who have worked for at least ten years on sustainability issues and have the potential to serve as change agents towards sustainable development.
3. The applicant should bring innovative ideas from his or her respective fields in science, the arts, civil society, business, politics or other areas of society and work experience across different countries and cultures.
1. Integral to the workings of the IASS, the fellowship provides fellows with considerable scope for engaging in societal debates on the implementation of sustainable development strategies and refining their own particular approach.
2. In addition to their stipend, the IASS provides Klaus Töpfer Fellows with up to 50,000 euros to cover any material costs incurred over the course of the one-year fellowship.
1. A letter of motivation: Please mention any prior experience at the interface of science and another sector of society (such as politics, business, the arts, media, etc.).
2. A current CV, which should not exceed four pages, outlining your career path and most important achievements. In terms of lists, please limit this to the five most important items (e.g., five most important publications).
3. A proposal outlining the activities to be conducted during the time as Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellow. The proposal should be no longer than ten pages (excluding references).
4. At least one letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation should include biographical information and contact details of the person recommending.
5. Please send your application to [email protected]