2020 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Deadline: October 24, 2019.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
In 2018, we invested in a total of 1,193 postgraduate scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system.
1. A candidate (recent graduate) with a 2.2 but extensive experience as well as a postgraduate diploma has expressed a willingness to apply.
2. All applicants must have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree.
3. An applicant who already holds a PhD is eligible to apply to GOIPG, so long as they meet all other eligibility criteria.
4. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree on or before commencing the scholarship.
5. The Council supports excellent researchers across all career stages.
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
Potential applicants should read the 2020 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.