2020 Google for Startups Women Founders Residency Program
Deadline: January 24, 2020.
Google for Startups has been a vocal and active supporter of women founders with a broad offering of events, meetups and programs with the mission to level the playing field for founders all over the world. In 2019 we successfully ran our first cohort of women founded startups (read more about it on Forbes). Our mission is to reach 50% women representation in the startup ecosystem across all markets Google is active in and significantly increase the percentage of funding received by women-led startups.
Google for Startups Women Founders Residency is a 12-week program in Campus London designed to support women founded companies through their journey and to accelerate their growth by bringing the best of Google to them. We’re looking for London based startups with a specific need that Google is uniquely position to help solve within the duration of this program – this can be across business/sales, marketing, product, a specific tech problem, fund raising and more.
Google is looking for early growth-stage startups, fulfilling the following criteria:
- A diverse team, with at least one woman founder
- Passionate, inspiring, impact-minded leaders
- Building a scalable product or service that solves a real problem
- Demonstrating traction (users, revenue, funding: Pre-Seed to Series A stage)
- Willing to give back and contribute to the local startup community
- You will pick 3 goals/ OKRs for your company to work on for the duration of the program
- You will be assigned a dedicated Google advisor, and we will bring in select Google experts for workshops and additional sessions
- You will be based in Google for Startups Campus in Old Street, London, with other startups in the cohort
- You will enjoy many networking, marketing and PR opportunities
For the application, you will need to submit a 1 minute video including your 30 second elevator pitch and describing the main challenge you are trying to solve in the next 6 months. You will also be asked to formulate the 3 OKRs you will be focusing on during the program.