2020 Global Citizen Fellowship Program for South Africans
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
This dynamic program will take Fellows through a multi-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive — not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
Throughout the program, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
- Ages 21-25 (by time of application).
- South African residents and citizens only.
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred.
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store).
- Applicants should be available full-time from 4 May 2020 – 30 April 2021.
- Family household income of under R120 000, and/or families that are headed by a single parent.
- Applicants must be able to house themselves in Johannesburg for the duration of the program.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Some fellows (based on merit) will travel to an international destination to experience a Global Citizen festival. The Fellows will spend seven days with different teams and departments which will advance their growing skill sets.