2020 GIZ Agricultural Innovation Fund for Startups in Africa and South East Asia
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
The global community has set itself the goal to end hunger by 2030. To achieve this, agriculture must become more efficient and sustainable along the entire value chain. Current approaches are not sufficient to achieve this. Practicable and regionally adapted innovations are needed. The Agricultural Innovation Fund aims to promote these. Apply now with your idea for Africa and South East Asia
Each participant can apply for one of the following categories:
1) Mechanization in the context of agriculture
2) Digitalization in the context of agriculture
3) Renewable energies in the context of agriculture
There will be first-place winners in each category as well as second- and third-place winners.
1. They are looking for start-ups and small businesses from our participating partner countries in Africa and South East Asia.
2. The innovation must be suitable for our partner countries.
3. It is important to us that the participants of the Innovation Challenge also contribute with their idea to a common good and sustainable development in African and Southeast Asian countries.
1. The three winners of each category will receive a support package which will be individually tailored to their innovation with a total value of up to EUR 50,000.
2. The package of the second-place winners is worth up to EUR 20,000 and the third-place winners up to EUR 10,000.
3. Together with the winners we will decide what is necessary to develop the innovation most efficiently. The support packages can contain the following elements, which can be selected individually or combined with each other: