2020 G(irls)20 Global Summit for Young Women Worldwide
Deadline: March 13, 2020.
Since 2010, the G(irls)20 Global Summit has served as the only platform for young women to influence the G20. Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups. In October 2020, 25+ young women from around the world will meet for the 11th Global Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors.
1. Must be 18 years old when you submit your application, and must not be older than 23 years old before October 31, 2020.
2. Holds or can obtain a valid passport
3. Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions:
4. G20 Members: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union.
5. 2020 Guest Countries and Regions: Afghanistan, African Union, Indigenous*, MENA (Includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen), Pakistan, United Arab Emirates,Vietnam.
*Please note the Indigenous delegate position is open to a young woman from any country around the world who belongs to a self-identified Indigenous group.
Participation at the Summit (including the cost of travel) is free of any costs for delegates.
The summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills;
- Panels and speeches on the key economic policy issues facing girls and women globally;
- Developing a Communiqué with recommendations to the G20 based on the delegates’ unique experience and expertise;
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 200+ young female leaders from around the world;
- Building a network of mentors from the across the public and private sectors.