2020 Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships in the History of Art
Deadline: October 23, 2019.
ACLS invites applications for Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships in the History of Art, made possible by the generous support of the Getty Foundation. These fellowships are intended to support an academic year of research and/or writing by early career scholars from around the world for a project that will make a substantial and original contribution to the understanding of art and its history. The ultimate goal of the project should be a major piece of scholarly work by the applicant.
- Applicants must have a PhD that was conferred between September 1, 2014 and December 31, 2018.
- Applicants who earned their PhDs in and/or are currently employed in any humanistic field may apply, so long as they demonstrate that their research draws substantially on the materials, methods, and/or findings of art history, and contributes to the field. Scholars may propose new approaches to art historical scholarship and/or explore connections between art history and other humanistic disciplines.
- This program welcomes proposals from applicants without restriction as to citizenship, country of residency, location of work proposed, or employment.
- An application must be completed in English by the applicant.
- Amount: $60,000 plus $5,000 for research and travel expenses
- Tenure: the 2020-21 academic year
Applications must be submitted online and must include:
- Completed application form
- Proposal (no more than five pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman 11-point font)
- Up to three additional pages of images or other supporting non-text materials (optional)
- Project bibliography (no more than two pages)
- Publications list (no more than two pages)
- Two reference letters