2020 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for Indian Researchers
Deadline: July 15, 2019.
These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
- the applicant must have a Ph.D. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained Ph.D. degree between July 16, 2015 and July 15, 2019. The applicant is required to upload his/her Ph.D. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. certificate in the online application;
- the applicant must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. Please upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in the online application; and
- If applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
1. These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel from India to the U.S., a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
2. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application