2020 Foreign and Commonwealth Office Overseas Security Manager Recruitment for UK Nationals
Deadline: December 2, 2019.
To implement FCO security strategy and policy at their Post to ensure the safety of staff, property, documents and equipment. To safeguard the physical and protective security of the Post and staff residential properties. To provide policy advice, guidance and support on all aspects of security. Where there is a regional remit, this will be achieved through regular contact with, and visits to those posts.
To serve as an active member of the Post Security Committee. Provide briefing and orientation to all those for whom the FCO has a duty of care on security issues, threats and mitigation. Ensure business continuity plans and other emergency drills are instituted and reviewed. With Head of Mission and Post Security Officer (PSO), ensure policy decisions from London and Overseas Security Advisors recommendations are implemented (including any regional posts), appropriate to the priority index.
This role is solely based overseas and not in the UK. An OSM will spend all their working time at an UK Mission or subsidiary overseas.
1. Significant experience of security management from a police, prison service, military (intelligence, combat arm and/or security role), commercial security company or similar role within a UK Government Department.
2. Management experience of large groups of staff.
3. A proven track record in security management, involving protection of physical premises and management of staff.
4. Must hold a category full UK driving licence, preferably a C1 (or category B if you passed your driving test on or before 1 January 1997). A C1 or equivalent licence must be attained before employment is confirmed.
5. Must hold a category full UK driving licence, preferably a C1 (or category B if you passed your driving test on or before 1 January 1997). A C1 or equivalent licence must be attained before employment is confirmed.
6. Open to UK nationals only.