2020 FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship for South Africans
Deadline: February 20, 2020.
The FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship, to the value of R850 000, is available to South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa in any discipline at an international university of their choice.
- Preference will be given to candidates under the age of 35.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
- What makes this scholarship different from most is not only the personal interest which Laurie Dippenaar takes in the selection process, but also his interest in the ongoing progress of the recipients.
- 2020 will be the 14th year that this prestigious scholarship will be awarded.
Scholarship value of R850 000
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE EXCELLED ACADEMICALLY IN THEIR CHOSEN FIELD AND WILL HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.