2020 Facebook / Andela #BuildforSDG challenge for Young African Developers
Deadline: March 30, 2020.
Facebook and Andela have partnered to up-skill developers across Sub-Saharan Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and South-Africa) through a six-week immersive program where selected developers will work in agile remote teams to innovate on projects relating to the SDGs.
The #BuildForSDG program is committed to helping empower you to build real-world, locally and relevant solutions focused on the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) while gaining skills you need to advance your career.
1. This program is open to developers with at least one year of technical experience. If you have a working knowledge of front-end, back-end, or full-stack development.
2. Looking to level up in web development skills
3. To apply you must be excited to learn with fellow developers through a community and be a strong team player.
- You should be able to commit 15+ hours per week.
- You must have at least one year of technical experience and have a working knowledge of front-end, back-end, or full-stack development.
- You must be a member of a Facebook Developer Circle.
- You should be located in Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon, Nigeria, Uganda, and South-Africa.
- You should have reliable access to a functional work tool.
- You should be excited to work with/in a distributed team.
- You have a strong passion for technology.
- Get to work on projects that matter; add high value and high impact project to your portfolio
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds on the planet
- Access to employment opportunities through the Andela Market place.
- Oh, and a chance to help change the world