2020 European Journalism Centre Google News Initiative Fellowship
Deadline: March 30, 2020.
Are you excited about the opportunities that technology brings to the newsroom? Do you want to explore new storytelling formats, use data to uncover relevant stories or create engaging and inspiring content?
The GNI Fellowship offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology or design students and recent graduates who want to gain valuable work experience and build lifelong contacts. This is a unique opportunity that can allow you to kick-start a career in the news industry.
1. You are enrolled in or accepted for an accredited higher education institution in the same country as your newsroom of choice; or if you are from or currently living in the country where the newsroom is based. This includes graduate, master, and PhD students, as well as students pursuing technical or professional certificates.
2. You may submit only one application in the country in which you’re currently studying, living or where you are from. In the application form, you will also have the option of indicating a second and third preferred option, in case of not being selected by your main newsroom of choice
3. They accept both full-time and part-time students, as long as the candidate is enrolled or accepted in an accredited higher education institution in 2020.
4. Recent graduates who finished their studies in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
5. You must be legally allowed to work in the country where you apply.
6. You must be 18 years of age or older.
All the fellows will be remunerated for their work and to help cover expenses.
1. You may only submit one application to the newsroom* offering the placement that better fits your interests and experience. If you wish, you are also able to indicate a second and third newsroom of preference, should your main application not be selected.
2. Please note that you may apply in the country in which you’re currently studying or where you are from. In order to submit your application, please fill out this form. Each news organisations is in charge of reviewing and selecting their GNI Fellow.