2020 ERN RD Research Mobility Fellowship Program for PhD Students and Medical Doctors
Deadline: March 16, 2020.
This fellowship aims to financially support PhD students and medical doctors working in ERN-member institutions to undertake short scientific visits (secondments) up to 3 months fostering specialist research training outside their countries of residence and within one of the ERN host institutions. Through this training measure the fellows should acquire at their host (secondment) institution new competences and knowledge related to their research on rare diseases and with benefit to their ERN.
- PhD students with a minimum of one year of research experience OR physicians having finished their first year of specialist training
- Be affiliated to an ERN Full Member or to an ERN-Affiliated Partner Institution from one of the 24 ERNs at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- The host (secondment) institutions must be Full or Affiliated Members of an ERN at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- Added value to ERN of the mobility stay
- Affiliated to an ERN Full Member
The maximum budget assigned to a workshop is 25.000€. This should cover:
• Venue hire, administrative costs, audio-visual and IT facilities essential for the workshop
• Travel and accommodation expenses for 20 participants (maximum 650€ per participant)
• Travel and accommodation expenses for invited speakers (maximum 650€ per speaker)
The topics will be selected based on the following criteria:
Excellence – Addressing cross-cutting issues relevant for ERNs – Multidisciplinary aspects – Fostering ERN collaboration – No overlap with other EJP RD training activities
Impact – Relevance of the topic for the ERN(s) – Will the topic induce or enhance collaboration within and between ERNs? – Benefits to the RD community by the workshop
Implementation – Appropriate training methodology – Appropriate venue of workshop