2020 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society Plus Scholarship
Deadline: February 14, 2020.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES+) will give you a unique opportunity to study in up to four centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes, internships and fieldwork.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society (EMJMD ACES+) is open to students who meet the following minimum conditions:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent; second class or higher at Honours level) in one of the fields of biological or environmental sciences. An appropriate background could include; aquaculture-related studies, marine science and/or resources, aquatic biology, biology, or environmental sciences linked to the field of marine science and fisheries; and
- For non-UK students, a Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate (applicants must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in this test and a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
1. Living costs vary between the various university cities you will visit during the EMJMD ACES+ course.
2. Tuition fees cover the following services:
- teaching and examination fees
- access to library and electronic resources
- computing facilities
- cost of short fieldtrips/ industry site related to a particular module
- language classes (French and Greek) that are an integral part of the EMJMD ACES programme
- access to university sport and medical facilties where available
The following documents should be emailed as a single PDF file:
- Completed EMJMD ACES+ application form (in Microsoft Word) in English, which must include a 350-word motivation (or personal) statement and 350-word statement giving information or examples of your previous experience in the field of aquaculture;
- Completed UHI International application form (applicable to ALL students, including European). This is a standard UHI form which must be completed in English. Please note, for the section on ‘Course Details’ please insert UHI-SAMS and please leave blank the ‘Personal Statement’ as this information collected in your EMJMD ACES+ application form, as above;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in freestyle format;
- A professional reference (of 500-800 words) – please see section on Professional References for further guidance on how this should be prepared;
- Copy of your passport;
- Copy of your degree certificate (plus certified translation into English if applicable);
- Copy of your transcript of marks (plus certified translation into English if applicable); and
- Copy of your Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate, which is valid until the end of Sept 2020. You must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in your IELTS test and have obtained this qualification by the time you apply for the EMJMD ACES+ course).