2020 Erasmus Mundus Joint Diploma of International Master of Science in Soils & Global Change Scholarship
Deadline: February 29, 2020.
This 2-year programme contains 120 ECTS credit units and leads to the joint diploma of International Master of Science in Soils & Global Change. The IMSOGLO master programme is coordinated by the International Training Centre of the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University. This programme has two specialization options of 90 ECTS, to be chosen in advance (at application time) and to start after the 1st semester (30 ECTS).
1. Academic Bachelor degree (minimum 180 ECTS credits) in pure or applied sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, civil or agricultural engineering, environmental or agricultural sciences, etc.) or an equivalent level from a recognised university or Engineering College.
2. Sufficient academic knowledge (at least 40 ECTS in total) in Natural Sciences is required, where Natural Sciences are specified as: physics, chemistry, maths, ecology, biology, geography, environmental sciences and agricultural sciences.
3. Official language test (English language test with minimum requirements below)
- TOEFL IBT 90
- ACADEMIC IELTS 6,5 overall score with a min. of 6 for writing
- ESOL CAMBRIDGE English CAE (Advanced)
4. Language of instruction” is not accepted as a proof of English language proficiency, except for applicants who have obtained a Bachelor and/or Master degree in a higher education institute of a country with English as the official language and with English as only mode of instruction (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Cook Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Great Britain, Guernsey, Guyana, Hongkong, India, Isle of Man, Ireland, Jamaica, Jersey, Cameroon, Canada, Kenia, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Salomon Islands, Zambia, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Singapore, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, South-Afrika, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, United States of America, United Kingdom Overseas Territories, US Territories, Australian Territories)
1. The EMJMD scholarship is a full scholarship that covers tuition fee, monthly allowance and travel costs up to a total of 49000 EUR for the full 2-year master programme.
2. The tuition fee is automatically paid from the scholarship.
3. The student receives 1000 EUR/month allowance as support for housing and general subsistence outside of the country of residence of the student (food & leisure).
4. A travel allowance up to 3000 EUR/year (can be lower depending of distance to coordinating university).
5. An installation contribution of 1000 EUR, one time for partner country students (non-EU/non-EEA).
6. All nationalities can apply.
- Register here
- Complete the online application
- Await your result from [email protected]
- Make sure you are able to send us your legalized documents (legalize your documents on beforehand!)
You will need a pdf of your: passport, CV, Diploma (or certificate of enrolment), Transcript of records, Motivation letter & 2 reference letters.
Students that are graduating in the summer of 2019 are also able to apply with a certificate of graduation/certificate of enrollment